Language barriers can be confusing. And when interacting with someone who speaks a different language or uses a different dialect, we have to be careful. The same is true for customers. After all, it really isn’t what they hear, but what they feel that will affect the outcome of their journey.
So we decided to share some sample touchpoints and translate them for you.
1. We’re way more interested in selling you new services than helping you with the current one.
2. We totally know what’s wrong, and we’re totally not going to fix it.
3. Finally, an answer to the old tough-skinned monkey conundrum.
4. In case this is your first visit to planet earth…
5. We respect your pet about as much as we respect the flag.
6. We never employ females. BTW ask (discreetly) about our “other services.”
7. You will spend your eternity right here.
8. This could go horribly wrong, but live a little! RGB-PC means yes!
9. Gender stereotypes should be learned at a very young age.
10. Just figure it out, moron.
11. Whatever you’re trying to do, just stop it.
12. Are you sure installing our software was really a good move?
13. If you can’t configure it yourself, your customer journey ends here.
Are you aware of all the little things your customers come into contact with? Until you can truly walk in your customers’ shoes and feel what they feel when they encounter every touchpoint, you’ll never know how these small but powerful interactions translate to the customers, and the worst ones are often invisible from the inside.
You can get ahead of these things!
Do you have a customer journey map? More importantly, where did it come from, and does it represent the true journey of your customers? The most useful customer journey maps are created in-house by the very people delivering the real experiences. They are an ongoing, collaborative effort to uncover not just what happens when, but how the customer feels in these critical moments. Time and time again, our clients discover amazing opportunities to improve the experience by simply including as many team members in the mapping process as possible, then giving them the freedom to update the maps and voice their concerns and suggestions.
If you’d like to put this power in your team’s hands and turn your whole organization into a customer-focused powerhouse, why not have a workshop to help them understand the mindset, approach, techniques, and many unconventional ways to get more ROI from a living customer journey map? This is a powerful way to better understand the journey of internal customers, partners, vendors, patients, and sponsors too!
Through a holistic train-the-trainer approach, our CXI® Customer Journey Mapping workshops are designed to help leaders make journey mapping simple so they can pass the necessary skills and mindset on down to everyone in their teams. It’s also a great way to bring different departments together and find creative ways to close gaps in communications, processes, and the overall experience. And, it’s fun!